- 1 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2015/11/20(金) 20:30:32 ID:75V8jbTE
- 29 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/15(土) 15:37:59 ID:???
- 30 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/18(火) 19:18:50 ID:???
- 31 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:26:01 ID:r355FE6c
- “I will not overturn the result of the referendum, or break up my country,”
she said, echoing the statement she gave yesterday where she said
Chequers was the only proposal that respected the Brexit vote and the integrity of the UK.
- 32 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:27:07 ID:r355FE6c
- She said that although both sides want a deal,
they were currently at an “impasse” and that
there were “two main issues where we remain a long way apart”:
the economic relationship after Brexit,
and the EU’s proposal for the Brexit backstop.
- 33 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:28:18 ID:r355FE6c
- She said that the EU was proposing to remain in the economic area,
which “in plain English, would mean we’d still have to abide by all the rules of the EU”.
That would mean accepting migration and being unable to strike up trade deals
with other countries outside the EU.
- 34 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:29:37 ID:r355FE6c
- That would make a mockery of the referendum we held two years ago.
The second option would be a free trade deal with Britain,
and would mean that Northern Ireland would remain inside the Customs Union and would be
“permanently separated from the UK by a border down the Irish Sea”.
“Parliament has already unanimously rejected this idea,” she said.
Accepting any deal that divides her country was out of the question,
- 35 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:31:47 ID:r355FE6c
- It is something that I will never agree to… If the EU believes I will,
they are making a fundamental mistake.
She said that there could be no customs border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland,
but commentators speculated that she left the door open to a regulatory border –
if the Northern Ireland Assembly were to agree to it.
We cannot accept anything that threatens the integrity of our union,
just as they cannot accept anything that threatens the integrity of theirs.
- 36 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:33:23 ID:r355FE6c
- May also repeated her pledge from yesterday to put forward proposals for a solution
that would avoid a hard border and would still
“be in line with the commitments we made back in December”.
She then pushed the EU to come forward with a response on what the specific problems with the Chequers proposal are,
and to give their alternatives. In the meantime,
she said “we must continue the work ourselves for no deal”.
- 37 名前：名無しさん@えむちゃん：2018/09/22(土) 08:35:28 ID:r355FE6c
- Addressing those in Northern Ireland, May added that in the event of a no deal,
the UK will do “everything in our power” to prevent a hard border.
She also pledged that the rights of EU citizens in the UK would be protected,
telling them: “We want you to stay.”
The British pound, already down against the dollar and the euro,
fell sharply following May’s comments.